Fleet Mechanic - $5k Sign-On Bonus
Company: US Foods
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Fleet Mechanic - $5k Sign-On Bonus Join Our Community of Food
People! Call to speak with Briana! WE HELP YOU MAKE IT!
- Now offering a $5k Sign on Bonus!
- Annual $1k tool allowance
- Top industry pay, based on experience
- Continuous training and certification - company paid
- Boot allowance
- Paid flame resistant uniforms and professional cleaning
- Well organized, clean fleet shop
- A culture where you matter! Mechanic will be responsible for
the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of the Fleet road
equipment including tractor, trailer, thermo-king, converter dolly
and maintenance vehicles. Ensure compliance with all State and
Federal trucking regulations. Mechanics will also be responsible
for the documentation, completion, and to keep current the
maintenance logs for all repairs and parts used daily. The position
will be required to perform road rescue as needed.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all
required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e., tractors, trailers,
bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.).
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts
- Handle road service calls; perform road rescue/transport
equipment as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the
Shop Fax system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with
workplace safety rules and regulations and government
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and
- Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- Must have (3) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a
heavy duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a
combination of both; or (2) years verifiable hands-on experience
with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier
Refrigeration Certification or both.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment
- Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and
- Prior experience in administering appropriate PM program.
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
- CDL A and DOT certified preferred. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as pertaining
to the shop and fleet.
- Ability to read and understand technical and service
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with
co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a
fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational
- Computer and software experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and
- Must be able to work overtime when needed. EOE
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status Apply Below or Call for
Keywords: US Foods, Passaic , Fleet Mechanic - $5k Sign-On Bonus, Professions , Passaic, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!