Senior. Specialist, Commercial & Wholesale Operations
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Senior. Specialist, Commercial & Wholesale OperationsNew York,
United States of AmericaWHAT YOU WILL BE DOINGThe primary function
of the Senior Specialist, Commercial & Wholesale Operations is
loan/letter of credit booking, funding, payments, and maintenance
for the defined lines of business, or executing related controls,
utilizing the systems and processes defined by management. The
incumbent handles analytical components (i.e. interpreting credit
agreements) related to various loan/fee accruals, calculations as
well as ongoing/ad-hoc reconciliation and remediation, for
commercial loan/letter of credit products, which include new loans,
modifications, and extensions.USA Job Function Description:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's
- Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and
optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes,
and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing
investment capacity, and managing risk.
- Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support the
delivery of the highest standards of service and execution.
- Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes, and
operational standards to execute service delivery.
- Evaluates and will ensure that operations meet company
objectives, business needs, service agreements, and relevant
- Researches and monitors the external landscape to identify
developments and translate them into operational implications for
the company.Essential Functions / Responsibility Statements:
- Processes transactions involving booking and servicing
commercial loans and letters of credit.
- Researches and will respond to incoming commercial loan
requests received from business areas supported by the
- Researches payment history, loan balances, and associated
documentation including loan notes, forbearance agreements, and
- Performs dollar transactions, collateral setup and maintenance,
GL balancing, and quality review.
- Creates and analyzes error reports, researching the payments
log, and incoming wire transfer payments
- Ensures proper documentation is filed appropriately and is
available for internal and external audits.
- Identifies and resolves problems within established
guidelines.Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Education:Bachelor's Degree or
equivalent work experience in Business or equivalent degree.
(Required)Work Experience:Working knowledge in Company's
documentation and banking operations., 3-5 years (Required)Skills
- Requires excellent communication, good organizational skills,
and attention to details
- Solid knowledge/skills of Microsoft Office Suite and various
- Ability to adapt quickly and be a team player
- Working knowledge in Commercial Banking
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of the Syndicated and Commercial Loan products
- Demonstrated knowledge of other banking products and the
ability to apply that information to this role
- Expert knowledge of overall lending policies and procedures,
credit analysis, underwriting, structuring, etc.
- Excellent organizational, management, communication, and
customer service skills
- Solid judgment within broadly defined policies and
practicesDiversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and
respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the
diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to
apply.Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.Working Conditions:
- Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and
- Occasionally moving and lifting equipment and furniture are
required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend,
kneel, and climb ladders. Employer Rights:
- This job description does not list all of the job duties of the
- You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform
other duties. You may be evaluated in part based on your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at
- This job description is not a contract for employment and
either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any
reason. Bachelor of Science (BS) English 3 to 5 years of relevant
Primary Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Other Locations: New York-New York
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Passaic , Senior. Specialist, Commercial & Wholesale Operations, Other , Passaic, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!