ShopRite - Front End Runner
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: May 12, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while being accurate,
friendly and efficient; to accurately scan, price and bag products;
to collect proper payment; and to provide proper change if
necessary and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient
and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
* Enter customer information into database for eligibility in
* Be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the
* Sort and return "return to stock" items back to normal location
with priority attention given to refrigerated and perishable items.
Handle all damaged merchandise in accordance with Company
* Perform price check functions, as needed.
* Issue and keep information involving rain checks updated. Perform
Scanrites according to Company procedures.
* Answer phone promptly and in a professional manner and direct as
Company policies dictate.
* Issue refunds and Price Plus cards.
* Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash
handling procedures, if applicable.
* Enforce all Company standards, policies and guidelines on
checkout procedures, cash control, coupons, gift cards, scan rites,
merchandise returns, rainchecks.
* Check equipment daily for proper performance.
* Process all forms of payments (i.e. cash, credit, checks, EBT,
WIC, rainchecks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc.).
* Maintain cash integrity of store by correctly handling pickups,
making change, overseeing podium security and safeguarding
* Maintain customer service levels by filling in staffing needs,
opening registers as needed and calling for assistance from other
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
Front-End Department operations.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Provide assistance in handling voids, overrides and Price Plus
cards, enforce Front-End policies and procedures such as dress
code, check cashing, coupon redemption, time and attendance, price
* Full knowledge of register operations; pro-active approach to
running register when/if needed.
* Monitor breaks to ensure breaks are not overstayed and that
Associates punch correctly.
* Ensure compliance with child labor laws for Associates under
* Utilize equipment as required by department.
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards by cleaning and
sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils and equipment. Keep floor
clear of debris and spills.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Front-End operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Perform duties in accordance with in the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy to include uniform,
name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Passaic , ShopRite - Front End Runner, Other , Passaic, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!