Director, Software Development
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job summaryGood storytelling starts with great listening. At
Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in
mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our
products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.ABOUT
THIS ROLEThis opportunity is for a Software Development Manager for
Audible s Player Apps team. We are embarking on a mission to
reshape the fundamental experiences, delight our customers, and
reshape how development is done across all surfaces and devices
within Audible. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new
places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision
means expanding and strengthening Continuous Deployment across
surfaces; new technologies like CarPlay, Watch, HomeKit, Common
Encryption Standard media, and adaptive live streaming; as well as
driving a strong engineering culture with processes like Chaos
Engineering and A/B Testing.ABOUT THE TEAMAudible customers spend
most of their time with Audible in either the Library or Player
components of our application across FireOS, Android, iOS, and Web.
Player Experience team is responsible for building an audio
listening platform that will improve how millions of Audible
members hear and interact with spoken word content. We are on a
journey to build an audio listening platform designed and optimized
for the spoken word over other forms of audio entertainment so that
comprehension and emotional impact is maximized for the listener.
We own the end-to-end audio listening experience which includes
player clients for web, iOS & Android, content security & digital
rights management, content delivery infrastructure, and processing
/ synchronization of listening data across devices at a massive
scale.If you are ready to become a part of a culture that
celebrates innovation and independent thought and want to use your
passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of listeners
around the world, we have a place for you on our team - come join
us.As a Manager of Software Development, you will...
- Owning and leading full life cycle delivery of cross functional
projects spanning teams across Audible and Amazon.
- Drive development and operational excellence of our flagship
- Coach and mentor our high-performing engineers to help them
grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their
ability to get things done.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design,
develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and
inspires our peers.
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on delivery performance and
quality in a fast agile environment.
- Lead 1-2 Scrum teams. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering
- Experience partnering with product OR program management
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing
(architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and
- 5+ years of experience within software engineering.
- 3+ years of experience managing agile software projects across
multiple and geographically distributed teams.
- 2+ years of experience in Mobile Application Development
environment. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
- Action-oriented strategic thinker.
- Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is
the only constant.
- Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a very
fast paced environment.
- Highly autonomous. Delivers with little guidance.
- Strong mentor of peers and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of current Mobile Ecosystem (Android & iOS
API s, Android Auto, Car Play, Swift, Kotlin, Apple App Store,
Google PlayStore, etc.).ABOUT AUDIBLEAt Audible, we innovate and
inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on
storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio
storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and
share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport
and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's
our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners,
storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences
power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the
power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid
workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering
in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from
home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and
others hybrid. For more information, please visit
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Audible, Passaic , Director, Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Passaic, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!